Tuesday, November 4, 2014

My New Home

Family!!!!

I didn't go back to Dayton!  I'm somewhere different!

I am currently in Hamilton Ohio, about 45 minutes south of Dayton.  I am once again companions with Elder Elbaba!  It's really crazy too, because this was the exact time of year that we were companions last year!  We spent Halloween, my birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas together, and it looks like it might be that way again this year!

So yeah, this past Wednesday was my first full day not being in Dayton since I arrive in Ohio.  It's super weird being somewhere different.  I'm used to knowing everyone and everything about the members and investigators, so starting from scratch has definitely been an adjustment.  I also have been relying on the GPS a ton since I still don't have a clue where anything is.  But it's been super fun!  I've really enjoyed meeting new people and having some new experiences.

The branch here is huge!  It's the largest Spanish branch in the mission; they have roughly double the sacrament attendance that the Dayton Branch has!  We had a Halloween activity for the primary kids on Saturday, and over 100 people showed up!  Also, this branch does temple trips because they have more youth, and since they still don't have enough Melchizedek priesthood to take to the temple so the youth can do baptisms, we (the missionaries) get to go!  So this Saturday I'll be going to the temple again to do baptisms!  

This week I met my first family from the Dominican Republic.  Everyone said that I wouldn't be able to understand the Dominicans, but I didn't believe them.  I figured almost a year and a half of Spanish practice would be enough to be able to understand them.  I was wrong.  They speak super fast and have tons of slang that you can only understand if you're Dominican.  It was super crazy!  So I'll be working on my Dominican over the next little while...

As far as the work goes, there's tons of Hispanics here, so it'll be a little bit easier to find people (hopefully).  We have a little girl on date for the end of November, and we're hoping to put her parents on date this week.  There are tons of part member families here, so we'll probably be doing a lot of work with them as well.

I think that's about it!  Next time I email I'll be 21!  Hope you have a super amazing week!

Love,

Elder Foote

P.S.  Trevor's costume was AWESOME!!!! 
Dayton Spanish Elders Over the Past Year
Elder Foote and Elder Elbaba Sending Emails
Elder Foote and Elder Elbaba at Transfers
Elder Foote and Elder Graf
Elder Foote at Transfers
Elders at Transfers

No comments:

Post a Comment