Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Back to Dayton and Meet the Mormons

Family!

Preparation day is a bit shorter today because of Christmas later on in the week, so this will probably be a little shorter than usual.  

As you already know, we had our mission Christmas conference this last week.  It was awesome!  They had a bunch of musical numbers, then we got to watch Meet the Mormons!  It was really good; the Candy Bomber is awesome!  Great example of how the Lord can work through us if we follow impressions.

This week Elian's Mom (Yorleni) and younger brother (Aaron) got baptized!  And I got to go up to Dayton for the baptism!  It was really good to see all my friends up there and be able to see the baptism!  After she was baptized, Yorleni gave a very powerful testimony.  She said she wasn't baptized out of a sense of debt towards the missionaries or the church for what they'd done for her and her family, but she was baptized because she had read the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants (!!!!!), and she knew that the church was true.  She said "I know Jesus Christ is my Savior, I know that God loves me, and I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God who was called to translate and bring forth the Book of Mormon..."  The Spirit was there very strong.  I definitely expect this family to be sealed someday and to be a rock-solid family in the Dayton Spanish branch.

I'm excited to talk to you all this week!  It'll be on Skype, and I'll probably be on between 12 and 2 your time.  See you then!

Love,

Elder Foote  
Baptism in Dayton, Ohio 
Elder Foote's Christmas Packages
Elder Foote and his good friend Raul
Elder Foote at Church
Elder Wells, Elder Foote and Elder Garcia
Elder Foote, Elder Prach and Elder Elbaba
President and Sister Porter

No comments:

Post a Comment