Monday, August 11, 2014

Lots of random stuff...

Family,

As I was looking over this past week for some things to write, I realized that this week was completely full of completely random things.  There's no real central theme to anything, it's just all a whole bunch of different experiences woven into the normal routine of teaching and trying to find people to teach.  So here's what I've got:

·  I gave a 54 year-old Costa Rican man a haircut as part of my P-day.
·  I ate hamburgers cooked by convicts at a 96% African-American ghetto party.
·  I ate the spiciest food I've had in my entire mission to this point. The lady who fed us (an investigator I found in my last area that is progressing really well) said that she liked super spicy food, and we didn't believe her.  She wasn't lying.  Luckily she gave us some watermelon juice to extinguish our mouths...
·  I cooked my first carne asada while wearing a sombrero.
·  Talked with a less active about how when she tells everyone she's from Ecuador, they always ask her what part of Mexico that's in...
·  Frustrated an elderly woman from India when I didn't put my arm around her for a picture...
·  Learned that people say funny things when they are both drunk and high.  The guy I talked with said, "I was going to get baptized when I was 12, but I ended up going to the Spaghetti Warehouse instead." and "I could probably quit smoking weed whenever I wanted to, but the keyword is probably."  Word of wisdom exists for a wise purpose.
·  Used my skills from my 11th grade drafting class to create a floor plan of a house in order to help an investigator get a materials estimate for the installation of electricity into his house.
·  Helped a man who speaks no English buy paint at Home Depot.
·  Found a new investigator while filling up the car with gas.
·  Talked about the Book of Mormon with a Catholic priest
·  Ate raw shrimp. (in a Mexican ceviche)
So yeah, pretty random if I do say so myself.  Never a dull moment in Dayton Ohio, that's for sure.  

E---- is getting hit with lots of temptations as his baptism gets closer, but he isn't letting any of them stop him.  I think the reason he's been able to resist so much is because he has been very faithful with his reading in the Book of Mormon.  I know that the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon, have great power in helping us to avoid temptation.

E---- came to church yesterday wearing the church clothes we had found for him; he looked just like a missionary!  I'm super excited for him!

That's about it!  Hope you all have a great week! 

Love,

Elder Foote
Elder Foote as the Sombrero Wearing Chef
Elder Foote finds Elian reading the Book of Mormon in the bus station...
Elder Foote The Barber
Indian lady as I hover my arm over her shoulder...
Indian lady trying to make me put my arm around her...
Missionary in Training
Notice the convicts in the background...
They think they are special agents
When the spanish zone gets together for meetings...

No comments:

Post a Comment